torsdag 6. september 2012

Tourdiary day 1 - Oslo-Newark

Christian writing: Up insanely early today. The alarm sound piercing my eardrums at about 3.45 am. Nothing much to tell from the journey from my house to the airport. Got there with my fucked up, old and partly broken suitcase (yeah, gonna buy a new one) weighing in at a staggering 22,9 kg (which would be approximately 302 275 lb.), so 0,1 kg under the baggage limit - which of course is bad ass close when it comes to luggage, but not as close when dealing drugs. It was too early for a beer at Gardermoen airport, so I stacked up with some snus (dip) for the tour and got on the flight to Amsterdam. Was half drunk when I arrived due to the breath of the drunkard that occupied the seat next to me. As I write, I am sitting in the restaurant area at Schiphol airport in Amsterdamn. Still three and a half hours till my flight to Newark. Thank ___________ (insert whoever invented beer - which by the way was not god, folks) for, yeah, inventing beer! And btw, this airport is NOT a non-announcement airport, or so-called "silent airport"! This woman/machine saying "you are delaying the flight" will echo in my head till we reach the west coast, I'm sure. I wish she would say "passenger Christian Lund, travelling to Newark, please contact the gate for an upgrade to first class", though...

...En route Newark now. Fucking Delta airlines; no personal screen on the seat in front of you, merely a couple of small screens on the wall at the end of the seat row. That sucks armadillo balls! And on top of that there are no poweroutlets under the seats. NOT gonna be the most joyous 8,5 hrs of my life. But - paid a few bucks extra for more leg space, and that was totally worth it...

...at the hotel now. Looks good with indoor pool and large rooms. Having an awesome burger in the hotel bar to the muzak sound of Erasures Respect - waiting for Seb to arrive...




...but he didn't. Apparently his flight from Seattle was cancelled. So met Tyler and Chris, awesome guys, had a work out in the fitness room and had a few beers with Chris in the hotel bar later.

So right before going to bed on this first day I heard that Seb had been held back by the BPO in Seattle which resulted in him missing his flight from Seattle to Newark! Fuck! So he had to go back to Canada in order to come back again on Friday :-( That means we are losing Seb for our Sprinfield show, but he will fortunately be back on stage in Philly on Friday - if nothing goes wrong. Now go to bed, kids!

1 kommentar:

  1. Welcome back to the US! I can't wait to see you guys in Chicago. The last time I caught one of your concerts was at Chasers in Aurora, IL -- way back during the Serenity tour. Very exciting. I wish you good luck and safe travels.

    SvarSlett