torsdag 13. september 2012

Day 9 Minneapolis-nowhere

So, on our way to nowhere. There is no show tonight, and then we are playing Denver, CO tomorrow, so we have been driving all day. Right now I am sitting in the van writing and looking out at the beautiful surroundings every now and then. Right now we are in the infamous Pottawattamie county - you know, where you have places like Prarie Rose State Park, Underwood, Anita and Council Bluffs (actually, that is somewhere) - following the I-80 West through Iowa. Funny geographical names out here! Driving between the cities we have played so far has not been very interesting, and most of Iowa is boring as hell, but after we passed Des Moines the geography has changed into more hills. It is certainly beautiful here, but I'd rather kill myself by swallowing a bunch of light bulbs then tell Chuck Norris he is a faggot and that he can't do proper roundkicks anymore - than live here!




We have been driving for 5 hours now and have 5 hours left before we get a hotel for the night. We have mostly been sleeping or surfing the net. Occasionally I need to open the window to let som foul air out :-P I am in the middle of Lars Von Triers "Melancholia" now, but just took a break to fill you in on what's up, and I might let you know what I think as soon as I'm done.  In an hour or so we'll stop at a restaurant to get ourselves a BIG Omaha steak. Hell yeah!

Back in the van, driving in the dark. Didn't get a so called Omaha steak, but hammered down a 20 oz rib-eye at a Texas Roadhouse reastaurant. After watching this clip called One Guy One Cup or something like that earlier today, which by the way to a large extent ruined my whole fucking day (for those of you who haven't seen it, there is a guy who puts a jar up his ass and then it breaks inside his pooper - I can't even write this without getting freaked out), that steak really saved it again. That steak was so good I bet the cow was sexy as hell!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar