torsdag 13. september 2012

Day 8 Milwaukee-Minneapolis

Big cock!
So, waking up after the after party in Milwaukee was not very nice. To my surprise, when Andy and I came downstairs to the lobby to meet the rest of the pack for a 9 o'clock van call, Tom had already been working out in the hotel fitness room. That is just fucked up. I think he was up at 0630!!! Respect!

Had a decent hotel breakfast, I think. (Right now I am not sure I am writing about the correct hotel and day - it is starting to mix up quite a lot in my head) Btw we are passing Thornton in Franklin County, Iowa as I am writing. Well, back to the hotel... I am pretty sure we had a hotel breakfast since we were up so early. Had a bowl of cereal, a yoghurt and a piece of toast, an apple and a glass of water. The reason I write this is so you can compare this breakfast with the breakfast I had in Minneapolis one day later ;-)

My socks were fucking toxic, so I walked barefooted around, and my luggage was so far back in the trunk so my plan was just to get some cheap socks at our first stop. Wouldn't take long before we stopped, or should I say "had to stop". Chris suddenly leaned forward and asked Tyler (TM, driver, fixer, oracle and superman on the tour) "When are we stopping?", and Tyler answered "Well, we are stopping at Guitar Center, which is like 500 meters" (he didn't say "meters" obviously, since he is American)m to which Chris replied "can we stop like NOW?!" And then he jumped head first out of the van while letting loose a roar followed by the remains of the previous night mixed with the breakfast from that morning. And so it started. This was going to be a long trip for all of us, Chris in particular.

Before
After

While he cleaned up I went barefooted into a sports store asking for emergency socks as I had none. I think the clerk felt sorry for me or something, cause at first she glanced over at the sock rack, but then she just reached behind the counter and opened a pack of socks and gave them to me. That is great service!

The drive to Minneapolis was hard. None of us was in great shape, to say the least, and the afterparty eventually got to me too, right about the time we drove into Minnesota. Or was it the taco and quesedilla at Taco Bell, maybe?  When we got to the venue i just crashed on the first sofa I could find, which was more a bench with cushions on it. Flat out till the soundcheck started. Around the time when soundcheck started, a few guys arrived with beer and a gallon of Jäger, which got us all back up on our feet.

There were two interesting local bands playing, and when SITD was playing, we could hear and see that the crowd was energetic, and damn, during both our shows the crowd was raving. We had such a great time on stage that night. Thank you, Minneapolis! That shit just makes the hard work and the long drives really worthwile! And Minnesotians (dunno if that is the correct term, but whatever) are really friendly and cool to hang out with. I really enjoyed hanging out talking to you after the show and out back by our van. 


"Boys fuck things up. Girls are fucked up" Louis CK

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar