tirsdag 11. september 2012

Day sixxx - Ann Arbor-Columbus

Penetratiing Ohio
Up at 10.30 am, ran a couple of miles on the treadmill, had a swim in the pool and then --- nothing beats starting the day with a bloody sirloin steak at inbreed America's favorite: Applebee's:) Then into the van for a relatively short ride through the beautiful state of Ohio to Columbus. We made it all the way without encountering Ohio Highway Police!!

We have to do this ourselves till we get to California



Casi, Frank and Chris
When we got to the venue, called Skully's, Andy asked me if I remember last time we were there. I looked around slowly taking the form of question mark. On my way into Columbus I honestly thought to myself "Cool, first time in Columbus! Check!" So, how come I couldn't remember neither the city nor the venue? Well, I figured it either was because the place or venue or gig or people in Columbus was so boring that it was not woth remembering, or because I was too wasted. I went for the latter explanation since it implies that I had fun last time around.

The green room at this venue is one floor up from the stage and the bar, and it has only two walls. The rest of the room is facing out into the hall making it pretty hard to have long and meaningful man-to-man conversations about complicated and hard to explain emotions, family issues, love or the size of men's balls. So no matter how comfy the couch or how big the pouch, you don't get to do much up there except sitting around (if you're lucky enough to get a seat) drinking and staring.

Green room @ Skully's
There weren't that many people at the Columbus show, but then again I have no idea what one should expect in that city on a Monday. What I CAN say is that it was one of our best so far! The atmosphere you guys made was fantastic. You were moving, smiling and making noise - making me never forget I ever was in Columbus. Thank you! And there was this one guy, unfortunately I don't remember his name, who supplied us with Jäger before and during the show. We never bite the hand that feeds us ;-) Thanks for your concern and care :-P

(Almost) straight to the hotel after load-out for some sleep. We had to get up at 7.30 am in order to make it into Milwaukee on time for the next show.

"Where are those good ol' fasioned values on which we used to rely?"


2 kommentarer:

  1. Hello guys,
    "And there was this one guy, unfortunately I don't remember his name, who supplied us with Jäger before and during the show."
    LOL! That was me: Der Jägermensch! Thank YOU for a great performance and fun times before the show. :D
    Damon aka DJ Nomad
    Lakewood (Cleveland), OH

    SvarSlett